Sunday, September 6, 2015

An Introduction

This blog is going to follow the tradition of Americans with Irish heritage. Beyond small strands of Irish running in one's blood, this blog is specifically for those with Irish blood reaching back no later than one's grandparents. These lucky Americans are able to claim Irish citizenship--and beyond that EU citizenship. Want to live in France? Done. Italy? See you there. Ireland? Let's go tomorrow. How do you do this? Is it hard? Do I qualify? What would I want with Irish/EU citizenship? I'm going to explore that for you.


On an individual level, I am one of these lucky Americans with Irish grandparents. I am an Irish citizen who has lived in Ireland and want to make that transition easier for anyone considering the option short or long term. Currently on American soil, but always traveling to Ireland, and a goal of living there permanently--I'm the perfect virtual travel buddy. Pack up your suitcase heart and let's get back to the old sod together!

No comments:

Post a Comment